Thursday, August 18, 2011

LasVegasFoodAndInsurance?

So it turns out that insurance guys need a break every now and then. Go figure! I'm still working in the local insurance mines for now, but I'll soon be spending a few days relaxing in Las Vegas! Fun stuff indeed, but, I have a bit of a question on my mind, and it involves food, of course.

Here's the thing: with no car to drive around, where are some good eats close to the strip? I don't need anything super-fancy (though I won't turn it down if it's incredible!), I do prefer hole-in-the-wall, and I won't turn my nose up at food trucks (in fact, I'd love to sample a new one!) or anything a little bizarre.

With that criteria in mind, does anyone have a spot or two to look into?

1 comment:

Me said...

You just totally made me panic that you guys were moving.... Ok, I don't have any personal recommendations (aside from the Mandalay Bay buffet), but I was researching the area for our next trip and I came up with the following list of places that we want to try (in no particular order):

BLT Burger
Via Brasil - churrascaria
Carnevino
China Mama
Raku
Todd's
Lotus of Siam
Bouchon - breakfast
Create - burgers
Tao
Mandalay/Wynn/Planet Hollywood/Wicked Spoon - buffets

(And if you've already been to any of these, what did you think?)