Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When insurance gets rough, turn to... schnitzel?

It's been a little overwhelming at work these days! Luckily, not all things are bad. On the food front, things have been quite positive. These days, it's been more of a cooking thing than a restaurant thing, and I think I can mainly thank Food Network for that.

First off, if you haven't heard of Jeff Mauro, go do your research. He may be the best thing to happen to food-based television in some time. He is the self-proclaimed "sandwich king", and we've been poaching his recipes since he came on TV. Oddly enough, we're taking some of his sandwich-based ideas and bringing them back to a fork and knife deal, but it's still delcious. For example, his Schnitzel Biscuit. We just took some of the basics and ran with it. It worked out very well, and I'm aching to try a few more of his ideas too! I don't think I've ever run into a show that makes me want to create meals quite so badly.

Even with football season in full swing, take a moment on your Sundays to check out his show. It's highly worth it!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I would have to agree with you.....except that Aarti's Party is more likely to make me start working on a shopping list! lol!! but both shows are right up my cooking alley!