Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting excited (and nervous!) about Thanksgiving

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting exceedingly excited about Thanksgiving this year. Not only the eating, but the cooking! I actually offered to take on the whole meal for my father's side of the family (which is quite a large group), but I ended up just taking on a few of the sides. It looks like I'll be making the potatoes and gravy and green bean casserole. All from scratch, of course!

In addition to being excited, I'm starting to get a little freaked out. I've only ever tackled a single project at a time for Thanksgiving. I'm pretty confident I can pull things off, but if things go awry, there goes a good chunk of Thanksgiving dinner.

Any recommendations? I don't want to stress out, get careless and slice my left hand again.

2 comments:

Susan said...

THIS is a must make recipe for cranberry "sauce"..... http://www.marthastewart.com/336624/cranberry-orange-relish
2 great things about it: you want to make it 2 days ahead of time AND your food processor can do all the dicing/chopping/whatever. no knives needed!
I suggest you double the recipe!

Melissa said...

I love corn pudding - I posted a great recipe for it on my blog somewhere (but you know me and anything resembling "corn stuff"). Also I have eaten made-from-scratch green bean casserole (my sister is an amazing cook) and I hate to admit this: while it was delicious, the canned green bean/mushroom soup/crunchy onion casserole is hella where it's at. Word.