Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The "New Guy Ceremony"

Whenever we get a new person working here in the office, I always extend the offer to take them out to lunch as a "get to know you" type situation. I think it helps the newbies feel welcomed and hopefully works towards a friendlier environment as a whole.

This all sounds very nice, but I have to admit that a lot of it has to do with my undying love of food.

Am I being slightly self-serving? Perhaps. Everything I said earlier is true. It helps the new person feel included. I'm sure it helps! But basically, I'm just coming up with excuses to have an awesome lunch. Today's lunch will be a jaunt to one of my favorites: Cafe Rolle. I'll admit, I always get weird looks when I mention that it's French food, but most people are converts after they try it.

So, welcome to the insurance mines, new guy! I hope you don't mind that I'll be utterly silent when the food hits the table.

1 comment:

Susan said...

we always did it to make sure the new employee came back after lunch! lol!