Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hand insurance

Funny enough, it looks like my family has decided that enough is enough. As you may have read in several of my earlier posts, my left arm seems to take a beating when it comes to cooking. I've sliced myself several times by several different means, be it by knife or mandolin slicer. I had a couple scares, and I ruined a couple of towels!

So this Christmas, by family gave me a wonderful gift: the gift of hand insurance.

Is there such a thing? No, not really. But there is such a wonderous tool as the cut resistant glove.

Apparently, my family knows me well. And they want me to have all 10 fingers intact for my wedding this year. I tried it out yesterday, and though I haven't accidently chopped myself yet, I feel a heck of a lot better about things. I was starting to get a little gun-shy (knife-shy?) when mincing onions or dicing a potato or two, and this restores a bit of confidence. It does feel a little odd though. It's like preparing food while wearing a mitten! But if that's the cost of keeping all of my digits intact, so be it.

No comments: