Thursday, January 12, 2012

The post-Holiday food lull

Ever make the mistake of stepping on the scale right around the end of December, or the beginning of January? Boy was that a mistake I wish I hadn't made.

So for the last week and some change, with very few exceptions, it's been food lock-down. Healthy options, no burgers, lots of fruit, etc. This doesn't sound so bad, but I apparently get a lot less creative with food when I'm aiming healthy. I have eaten the same low-fat burrito 4 times since the beginning of the year. That's a ton considering that I've taken 7-8 lunches at work!

My last trip to the scale wasn't quite as painful, so things are looking up, but man, I can't wait for this self-imposed lock-down to ease up a bit. Insurance guys need fuel, and I understand that the best fuel is a nice, juicy cheeseburger. That might not be coming soon, sadly.

No comments: