Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Would Work For You?

I've been musing on this thought for the past few days, but my question is tough for me to answer. The reason? I'm incredibly biased. Being an insurance guy, it's tough for me to put myself in non-insurance guy shoes, so to speak.

So I'll ask you the question: what would make you interested enough to get a quote for auto or home insurance?

Yes, I know. Insurance is boring. Most people don't want to talk about it on a day-to-day basis unless something brings it front-and-center in your mind. A bad claim, or a large increase in price, for example. But what would make you investigate on your own?

For example, if I treated you to a delicious meal from one of Sacramento's gourmet food trucks while we discussed the quote, would it be worth your time? If I made a donation to a charity for the opportunity to quote, would THAT be worth your time?

In all seriousness, it's one of the things I've never been able to figure out. So, you tell me! Heck, I might even see about making it happen for you if it's reasonable.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I don't know. people should review their coverage on a regular basis "just to be sure." however, even as much as I know that myself, I procrastinate. why? I hate change. but yes, we should talk. not this week and not next (see how this works??) but soon.

Dustin Sklavos said...

Actually, it's my experience a lot of people just don't know how cheap a home or especially renter's policy can be. If you're looking at a house that has a couple of young people living in it, having them split the cost of renter's insurance and get their auto policies together can actually be even cheaper than just doing all that crap separately. Which you already knew.

But a lot of the yutes don't!