Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dietary Theme Weeks

This may sound a little odd, but from time to time, I'll challenge myself to eat based on a theme for a week. I've had weeks without any caffeine. I've done gluten-free weeks to try and experience the food-related hardship of one of my co-workers. I've gone the vegetarian route for a week. Now, I haven't done one of these recently, but it turns out, I had an accidental theme week last week: beef week.

Just to help keep things a little on the healthier side, I try to stick to chicken and pork for the most part. However, through some strange twist of fate it was nearly all beef last week. From a craving for goulash, to a sale on tri-tip, to a quick trip to Drewski's and an unexpected steak, everything was turning up beef. Oddly enough, beef week actually ENDED on the 4th of July! No BBQing, unfortunately.

This all being said, it will probably end up being a week where close attention is paid to calorie intake to counteract the results of beef week. In fact, I'll probably be staying pretty far away from any scales this week.

No comments: