Friday, July 8, 2011

They DO exist! (The Triple Crown)

I was just about ready wrap up my day, deep within the fabled insurance mines that I work within, and lo and behold, I saw a tweet from Wicked 'Wich saying that they were finally out and about, and less than a mile from me. I already had plans for dinner, but I figured that a pre-dinner warm-up wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus, I'd been cyber-stalking the place for months! So off I went. I was first to review both Drewski's and Mini Burger Truck on Yelp, so I wanted the third jewel in my food truck Triple Crown, and I figured that I needed to work fast to get that done.

Oddly enough, I was just watching Man Vs. Food the other day, and they were talking about a particular sandwich place in Pittsburgh with coleslaw and french fries thrown right onto the sandwich. Since I'd seen the menu for Wicked 'Wich, I immediately saw where their concept came from. And, for the record, it WORKS. The slaw is oil-based, I believe. Not mayo-based. It brings a nice tangy flavor and it balances the meat very well. In my case, it was a top-notch pastrami. The fries are perfectly crispy and with everything involved, you have quite a few different textures/flavors/temperatures going on, but like I mentioned, it really works well.

I'm happy to say that I'm a fan of all three of the new-era Sacramento food trucks, and frankly, I hope I'll be able to talk about trucks number four, five, six and beyond! In fact, I'm excited enough about this one that perhaps Wicked 'Wich will be the next truck I work with for the second round of Dinner and a Deductible? Only time will tell.

No comments: