Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Relief!

So, Dinner and a Deductible was today, and if you read my earlier posts (or if you had a chance to talk with me this past week or so!), I've been nervous. I'm not sure why considering I've done similar things, but I really was stressed about this!

Well, all things said and done, it really went off without a hitch! The seminar went well, went quickly, and I didn't see a single person fall asleep! In fact, people were following along, nodding, asking questions, sharing their own experiences and really, getting more out of this than I could have hoped for. So, all was well!

Then, there was food.

As always, Drewski's Hot Rod Kitchen was amazing. Andrew, who runs the place, is a heck of a guy and was a rock star when it comes to food. We ended up with roughly 25 folks, and it was handled exceptionally well. I was also lucky enough to have heard about the secret menu item far enough in advance to plan for it! It  was the Go Kart: Nutella, graham crackers and marshmallow creme, toasted on bread. S'more sandwich. And wow, it was a treat.

I, however, have one issue: the name. Someone on Twitter called it the "S'moreski" and I am forced to agree.

So, good news all around! Great seminar, great food, great ratio of seminar to food (20 minutes of talking, 1+ hour of eating!) and, to my surprise, people asking for Dinner and a Deductible: Part 2!

So, what say you, Sacramento? Shall we meet again next quarter? I think we may.

1 comment:

Awesome Wordage said...

Do it! It was a great event! You can't go wrong with good food and good information and I think the more it goes on, the more people you'll get to come out to learn a bit about the wonderful world of insurance.