Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Insurance guys want to know...

What's important to YOU, the consumer? It's always been interesting to me that what we (the folks on the insurance side of things) think consumers want, and what they actually want varies so wildly.

When I first got into the industry, we were hammered over and over with the whole "the customer loves great service" refrain. And to me, yes, that totally makes sense. But the first time I had a client leave to another insurance company for $50 less per year, I was flabbergasted. "But they don't even have local agents", I exclaimed! It didn't matter. Conversely, I do seem to have quite a few clients who value me as their advisor, but it really does seem to be all over the map.

So, hey, that's where you come in!

What do YOU, the end-consumer, actually care about when it comes to insurance?

Humor an insurance guy. I'd really be curious to know! Is it price? Service? Having a local agent? Availability? Something else completely? Heck, I remember I once had a client choose me over some other options because I was able to pronounce her name right off the bat.

What matters to YOU?

1 comment:

Awesome Wordage said...

I like having a local agent that can find all the cool burger joints in the area and will get all excited about taking us out to try them. Know anybody that fits that description? Haha! Really, though, people do look for great friendly service, but some folks are willing to give that up to save some moolah.