Tuesday, June 28, 2011

When my job and my food choices collide

So, as you may be able to see from my smiling headshot atop the SactoFoodAndInsurance blog, I wear suits. That happens pretty regularly. Almost every day, in fact! Do I have time to run and change clothing before I have lunch at a local Mongolian BBQ? No, I do not.  I also do not have time to change clothes before I make a run to one of my favorite food truck spots. And for those of you who have visited such places, you generally end up sitting on a curb eating food from a box. This is delicious, but it's not really helpful when it comes to keeping suits clean.

What have I done to deserve this? Clothing that is difficult/expensive to clean, and a love for all foods delicious and messy. These things do not go together. Luckily, I've avoided having to go to an appointment with a large food-related stain on my chest so far. The key words here are "so far."

Any recommendations on what I can do to keep this streak alive? Should I look into having a spare shirt in the office, or perhaps go for the instant stain-removal route? Or go the prevention method and either avoid messy foods or go low-tech like a bib? My streak is admirable, but I cannot believe it will last forever. And I'd love to avoid going to see a client with half a bowl of pasta on my shirt.

1 comment:

dolphyngyrl said...

Is that the Mongolian BBQ by the Howe 'Bout Arden shopping center? That's the best! Although I haven't been in years...

Personally I go the floral-printed blouse route. Makes food related accidents harder to spot. However, I suspect my method may not work as well for you. My suggestion is to either adopt a face-over-bowl eating pose or craft yourself a napkin bib. Either is serviceable and only moderately awkward looking.

On second thoughts, a spare shirt is probably not a bad idea, either. :) Just in case.